Wednesday, August 17, 2011

What???

I love this analogy of the “castle” as the soul. It just says so much.

The closets I stash things minutes before guests arrive, the living room with the custom made chenille couch, the light fixture in the dining room that doesn’t work for whatever reason and hasn’t since June, these things, amongst many others, are very symbolic of, well, me.
Consider this and what it says regarding our strengths and our weaknesses. As people, we do not perceive these things clearly, anymore than we can see beyond the sheetrock to the framework of the building. But “God grant it may enlighten you about the different kinds of graces He is pleased to bestow upon the soul”.
We can learn from our shortcomings. It might be the entire purpose of life, actually.
Through a very weird epiphany I have come to the following conclusion:  
The soul is far too complex for its possessor to comprehend the workings.
I need to accept this: I will not understand my soul. I must rely on God; His path, not mine.
By the way, I’m totally clueless about this path. I just know there are so many things I cannot even begin to fathom about myself in the immediate.
Next Read: Chapter One: Sections Five and Six

No comments:

Post a Comment